Before cooking up this recipe, I wouldn't have considered myself a Chex Mix fiend. Now though...totally different story. It is PHENOMENAL. Spicy, sweet, and savory- all in one delicious mouthful.
3 Cups Corn Chex
3 Cups Rice Chex
3 Cups Wheat Chex
1 Cup Peanuts
2 Cups Bagel Chips (this is a recent addition so you won't see the chips in these pics.)
2 Sticks Butter
10 Shakes of Worsterschire
10 Shakes of Hot Sauce
2 Tablespoons of Honey
1 Teaspoon of Garlic Powder
1. Preheat the oven to 250 degrees.
2. Find a really big bowl- probably the biggest bowl you own- and dump in the chex, nuts, and bagel chips. Make sure you have room to stir everything in the bowl. If you don't, put half of everything in there and then repeat the mixing step.
3. Grab a microwave safe bowl and put your butter, Worsterschire, hot sauce and honey in it. Microwave it in 30-second increments until everything is melted. Remember butter splatters EVERYWHERE so cover your bowl in the microwave.
4. Once everything is melted down, pour it over your mixed cereal and nuts. Gently stir everything around. Make sure to coat every little piece of cereal in there.
5. Spread it out on a cookie sheet and pop in the oven for about an hour. Give it a loving stir every 10-15 minutes to make sure nobody gets too crispy in there. When it is a good golden brown crunchy color, you know it's time to take it out.
Then you eat eat eat eat. This stuff doesn't keep well past a couple of days so make sure to share the goodness with every single friend you have.
Upon reflection, Chex Mix is a very boring thing to take pictures of. Maybe a nice plaid background could have jazzed it up a little more. Next time!